This year the Saint Emilion “Portes Ouvertes” Open House event will last four whole days from Saturday 28 April to Tuesday 1st May 2012.
If you are looking for an idea for a real break, don’t miss this unparalleled opportunity to meet the winegrowers of the Saint-Emilion, Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, Lussac Saint-Emilion and Puisseguin Saint-Emilion appellations, who are opening their estates to welcome visitors, share with them their passion for wine and invite them to taste their products.
The program has been significantly updated this year:
- A winegrowers’ dinner will be served in the Dominicains Hall on Saturday 28 April and the Saint-Emilion Jurade will be present,
- An oenologist will lead tastings of Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classé wines in the Saint-Emilion Maison du Vin,
- On Sunday 29 and Monday 30 April, bus tours will be available for visitors. These will be free shuttles running between all the chateaux that are open,
- Two reception tents will be set up at each end of the town to provide information, guidance and support for visitors,
As before, visitors will be able to get to know the chateaux around four themes:
- Tasty delights
- Exploring our architectural heritage
- Culture and fun events
- Family properties and traditions
This will also be a perfect time to explore the Medieval town, attend tasting classes at the Saint-Emilion Maison du Vin and really enjoy a weekend travelling around the Saint-Emilion vineyards.
There will also be a question-and-answer contest with bottles of wine from the different Saint-Emilion appellations as prizes!
For further information and brochures:
Maison du Vin de Saint-Emilion – Place Pierre Meyrat – 33330 Saint-Emilion – France – Tel.
Conseil des Vins de Saint-Emilion – 14 rue Guadet – 33330 Saint-Emilion – France -Tel.
Office de Tourisme de la Juridiction de Saint-Emilion – Le Doyenné – Place des Créneaux –33330 Saint-Emilion – France – Tel. +33 557 552 828 – email@example.com www.saintemilion-tourisme.com
From 16 April 2012 you will be able to download the brochure from the website: www.vins-saintemilion.com (Photos courtesy Vins Saint-Emilion)