Just off of Railway and a few minutes’ walk from Gastown – though not suggested in stilettos, I’d hasten to add – is the favored Alibi Room. Its casual feel is reminiscent of a Meat Packing District bistro. It overlooks the train tracks but is set far enough off from Gastown to be just that much hipper and offer easily incognito comings and goings. Favorite of film crews and cast members when in town.
A sampling of just a few of the beers they’ve got ON TAP:
• Cannery Brewing – Naramata Nut Brown
• Lagunitas – Lucky 13 ***
• Howe Sound Brewing – Limited Release Imperial IPA***
• Swans Buckerfields – Scotch Ale
• Crannog brewing – Hells Kitchen Potato Red ale
• Spinnakers Ale House – 25th Anniversary Pale
• Phillip’s Brewing – Chocolate Porter
They also serve organically grown and local boutique wines and have a creative house cocktail list. The building itself is a heritage site, which was built over 100 years ago.
Food is a Gastronome’s Pub Fare:
SMALL & SHARE PLATES
• Free-run chicken wings with honey, garlic, chili, and fresh herbs
• Edamame with toasted sesame salt
• Skinny fries with chili garlic vinegar & house made ketchup
• Canadian cheese plate – daily selection, house condiments & warm breads
• Mushroom & hazelnut Pate with truffle oil, whole roasted garlic bulb & crostini
• BC Bison cheese steak with spiced bison flank, peppers, onions & cheddar. Pumpkin seed ’slaw and fries.
Check out their full menu here: The Alibi Room
**** Spoiler Alert *** Not open for lunch.
157 Alexander Street @ Main
Read More On: